Q. What is SeekWiz?
SeekWiz is a “One-Stop” solution for different location sharing scenarios. It provides a platform for people to keep their near and dear ones in the know by sharing location in the simplest, most secure and battery efficient way. SeekWiz also is deployed for more specific location sharing scenarios like school transportation (SeekWiz-School) and employee transportation (SeekWiz-Enterprise) where along with keeping people in the know, it provides comprehensive information on the fleet.
Q. What are the requirements for using SeekWiz?
- SeekWiz App at present is available for Android (4.0 Ice-Cream Sandwich and above) and iOS (10.0 and above) platforms.
- A phone/tablet with GSM/CDMA SIM.
- SMS support for user verification (Optional missed call based verification also present).
- In case of Dual SIM phones SeekWiz currently only supports primary SIM.
- SeekWiz requires an active internet connection.
Q. As a parent how do I use SeekWiz-School?
- SeekWiz app provides the parent with an opportunity to be in the know.
- One can install the SeekWiz App from Playstore or Appstore
- SeekWiz will enforce the user to verify the primary mobile number on the phone. Please refer the question “User verification is failing, what could be the reason?” in case you have trouble with verification.
- Once verification is done, routes which have already been assigned to your primary number by school will appear under the “Tracked Routes” view on Android and “Locate” Tab on iOS.
- In case you do not see routes please contact us using mechanisms mentioned in the “How to contact SeekWiz for feedback, issues, clarifications etc?”.
- SeekWiz provides customisable notification, which can be configured by clicking ‘Settings/Info’ icon on each route card.
- Important configurations per route are “Pickup/Drop” point for your ward and the “Notify me at” point.
- “Notify me at” point, is the point, where once the bus reaches, system generates a “Get Ready” notification for you.
Q. How to contact SeekWiz for feedback, issues, clarifications etc?
- SeekWiz provides in-app provision to contact us. Under “Settings” - “Feedback”
- When using the above mechanism user has an option of keeping his identity (verified mobile number) anonymous. But do remember if you need us to get back to you, or fix a problem you have, we need the verified mobile number.
- You can also reach our helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org for support. Sending a mail to helpdesk will automatically file a ticket on our side and we will follow-up on the same.
- Finally you can reach us using “Contact” form on our website located here.
Q. User verification is failing, what could be the reason?
- Make sure SeekWiz App has been granted access/permissions it requests for.
- The number provided for verification is in fact the or one of the active phone numbers of the mobile you have SeekWiz installed on and trying to verify.
- The number provided is active and can receive incoming calls when using missed call verification and can send SMS when using SMS based verification.
- Make sure third party SMS managers are disabled if using SMS based verification.
- Active internet connection when performing verification is a must.
- Do not pick up the verification call. It typically is from a number starting with +1.
- In case of VOLTE connections like Reliance Jio, the counter will continue to countdown even after the missed call. Once the counter counts down to 0, it will authenticate the credentials and go ahead.
- Make sure call forwarding has not been enabled for the number you have used to Verify.
- Sometimes due to network congestion the missed call might not arrive in time. If the counter counts down to 0 and you did not receive a miss call and if all the points are accounted for, please proceed to try again.
- When using missed call based verification, do give it a try couple of times. Often network congestion leads to missed call not reaching you in time.
Q. My kid’s school has commissioned SeekWiz, but I am not seeing routes configured correctly. What should I do?
- Before going to Playstore and Appstore and dropping a negative and often demeaning review please understand that SeekWiz team has no benefit in on-boarding few students and not on-boarding others. As would be with any startup, we are keen on growing our reach. We can understand the anguish of a paying customer for service but any system’s output is as good as the input. The inputs here are directly delivered by school. First time delivery of data might not be smooth since schools are not used to such formal data delivery.
- It takes SeekWiz deployment team, minimum of two weeks to finish deployment after the entire fleet of school has been enabled with SeekWiz GPS devices and complete and final data from school is available.
- Data is bulk uploaded to our servers and if there are no routes assigned to your number or wrong routes assigned, please understand this is directly coming from data handed over. We do not manually map any information unless an issue is reported and we need to fix the same.
- We spend a decent amount of time validating data sent for issues and errors. Delays in deployment could be a result of such issues found in incoming data and us waiting for updated data coming from school.
- When SeekWiz deployment is happening in parallel with a start of a new academic year, it is always possible school is also not settled on the actual fleet size, routes, pickup and drop points, student association to routes and vehicle association to routes. It is quite a mammoth task and primary focus from school at this point is to make sure fleet runs correctly and kids do not suffer. In this timeframe often data delivered to us is delayed and our hands are tied. During this period vehicles are switched, newer vehicles are added etc. So it is not possible for us to dynamically keep updating data in SeekWiz.
- Our helpdesk is always open for all enquiries. You can drop a mail at email@example.com. If there is a mistake in the data, we will try fixing it. But some updates need the school to update the incoming data to us so our support team might ask you to contact school.